Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Look Like Heaven In 2007

By Kathi Dameron

Life is full of challenges. The journey towards becoming the best possible version of oneself is a quintessential challenge we all face.

We all want to look and feel our best, but often we have such old ingrained patterns that we find it difficult and near impossible to turn the corner, shift our paradigm and adopt a new lifestyle that will facilitate a life of vitality.

Through the ever-changing circumstances of life, it is easy to get stuck, lose hope and lose sight of the dreams that we once held so dear.

Sometimes we need help getting unstuck.

I certainly did. It seemed that no matter how hard I tried on my own; I found it literally impossible to lose weight.

My weight was stuck in a terribly unhealthy place. Even though I knew what I should and should not eat, I could not get the bathroom scale to reverse directions. For a big do-it-yourselfer in so many things, not being able to lose weight on my own was a huge frustration.

I needed something more. I needed the support of a proven system for losing weight in a healthy, monitored way.

Since I accepted that help from Winner’s Weight loss, I have turned the corner in my life and lost 44 pounds. I am a quarter of the way to my goal. By this time next year I expect to have achieved my weight loss goal of losing over 100 pounds.

My sweet beginning at Winner’s Weight loss officially began on October 27, 2006. The medically approved program guaranteed a weight loss plan of losing 25 pounds in 8 weeks, 50 pounds in 17 weeks and 100 pounds in 36 weeks.

On my first visit at the center I weighed in at a whopping 291 pounds and I’m not a linebacker! I don’t even play football!

As I reflect back, it is hard to believe that for the last fifteen years I have allowed obesity to keep me from being the very best possible version of myself. But that is exactly what I allowed to happen. I let weight become a disability that put me on the sidelines of life.

Now as the weight drops off, I almost feel like someone who is emerging from a long dream and awakening to the extraordinary fullness of life.

There is a new wind blowing! I am grateful to the Winner’s Weight loss team for their partnership on this amazing journey of weight loss.

But this wind has been blowing in Tallahassee, Florida for quite awhile. Winner’s Weight Loss has been Tallahassee’s #1 weight loss center for the last fourteen years and is Tallahassee’s only professional weight loss center.

Manager, Ruth Bowen attributes this accomplishment to the outstanding professional nutritionists, dietitians and nutrition management counselors on the staff.

“We are not only experts in our fields, but we have lost weight ourselves which helps us understand and have compassion for the constant struggle individuals have with their weight.”

Winner’s Weight Loss is a proven system that has stood the test of time in Tallahassee for helping men and women achieve a healthy lifestyle and look fantastic by losing the weight that their bodies were never intended to carry.

I love so many things about Winner’s Weight Loss. But perhaps one of the most important things is that I love the food I get to eat. Unlike other diets I had embarked on in the past, on the Winner’s Program, I get to eat real food and I get to experiment in the kitchen.

As a food writer and former caterer, food has played a big role in my life for several years. For me to be able to stick to a diet regime, I need to eat food that tastes great.

The Winner’s Diet makes it easy for me to do that.

I even share some of my new recipe ideas on my blog that is chronicling this fabulous weight loss adventure. Come on by and check out some of the recipes and say, “Hi!” In future days, I hope to add some of my cooking class videos with readers to share how I create some of the tasty food that is keeping my taste buds dancing while I trim down.

If you are looking to lose a little or a lot, Winner’s Weight Loss in Tallahasee or an equally great facility in your community can help you too, to reclaim vitality and become a healthier and thinner version of yourself.

(c) Kathi Dameron February 12, 2007 Kathi Dameron and Associates

For recipes and ideas on how to turn heart-healthy diet cuisine into a celebration of fabulous taste, visit http://www.dietwithkathi.blogspot.com

No comments: